Post Judgment Actions & Modifications

Post judgment modifications can be made to:

  • Child support
  • Spousal support
  • Child custody
  • Visitation arrangements

Changes can only be made if there has been a change in circumstances, such as the loss of a job that impacts your ability to pay support or a change in your work shift that alters your availability to spend time with your children. Our lawyers will determine your options and help you make the necessary adjustments.

Patterson Law Firm has been managing post judgment actions and modifications for more than 25 years for clients all over Orange County and Southern California.

Modifying Custody & Parenting Plans

Once a parenting plan has been issued by the court, the parties can change the plan by agreement. If they cannot agree, the court can modify the plan. If the previous plan was part of a final custody determination, the party requesting the modification must prove there has been a substantial change of circumstances and that the modified terms serve the best interests of the children.

Modifying Child Support

It is not unusual for child support orders to be modified over the years. Factors influencing the amount of child support are likely to change as your child grows older. Child support modifications are usually recommended if you have experienced any of the following changes in circumstance:

  • Increase in salary
  • Decrease in salary
  • Unemployment
  • Change in custody designation
  • Increase in visitation
  • Decrease in visitation
CALL FOR A CONSULT (714) 441-1410